FANDOM

• I wanna know if any one can help me create an template like this so i can show stats of weapons on a pages
    Screen Shot 2016-01-30 at 12.23.42 PM
      Loading editor
    • If you saw that on another wiki, could you provide a link to it so that I can see the coding for it?

Loading editor
    • Um the Splatoon wikia, as something similer to it on there wikia.

Loading editor
    • And can you provide a link, please?

Loading editor
    • yes i can

http://splatoon.wikia.com/wiki/Splattershot_Jr.

There have it in there infobox, but i want it as its own template.

Loading editor
    • The link leads to a page that doesn't exist.

Loading editor
    •   Loading editor
    • This is the Template they use for Hero Shot Replica to create the Bar:

<div style="border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-color:#c0c0c0;background-color:#f0f0f0;width:100px;height:1.5em;"><div style="position: absolute; background-color:{{#if:{{both|{{{4|}}}|{{{5|}}}}}
          |rgb({{#expr:255*{{{3|128}}}}},{{#expr:255*{{{4|255}}}}},{{#expr:255*{{{5|0}}}}})
          |{{{hex|{{{3|#CCCCCC}}}}}} }};width:{{#expr:floor(100*{{{1|50}}}/{{{2|100}}})}}px;height:1.5em;"></div><div style="position: absolute; font-weight:bold;width:100px;height:1.5em;text-align:center;z-index: 10;">{{formatnum:{{{1|50}}}}} / {{formatnum:{{{2|100}}}}}</div></div>

If you use it exactly or very similarly, you may want to import the page to properly credit the creators/contributors.

Loading editor
    • <div style="border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-color:#c0c0c0;background-color:#f0f0f0;width:100px;height:1.5em;"><div style="position: absolute; background-color:{{#if:{{both|{{{4|}}}|{{{5|}}}}} |rgb({{#expr:255*{{{3|128}}}}},{{#expr:255*{{{4|255}}}}},{{#expr:255*{{{5|0}}}}}) |{{{hex|{{{3|#CCCCCC}}}}}} }};width:{{#expr:floor(100*{{{1|50}}}/{{{2|100}}})}}px;height:1.5em;"></div><div style="position: absolute; font-weight:bold;width:100px;height:1.5em;text-align:center;z-index: 10;">{{formatnum:{{{1|50}}}}} / {{formatnum:{{{2|100}}}}}</div></div>

This is easier.

Loading editor
    • how would you change the numbers and the color?

Loading editor
    • The template uses ParserFunctions to achieve their desired effect.

What numbers (or more what are you exactly trying to achieve) and colors were you wanting?

Loading editor

• http://respawnables.wikia.com/wiki/Assault_Rifle

This template better, Is there a way i can import the whole infobox along with the stats in the infobox too??

Loading editor
    • That one uses a Switch Template with image files [1] [2] [3] [4]. Example:

{{#switch:{{{Damage?}}}|4=[[File:Stats-4.png|link=]]|3=[[File:Stats-3.png|link=]]|2=[[File:Stats-2.png|link=]]|1=[[File:Stats-1.png|link=]]}}

If you have the images of each stage already, it shouldn't be too hard to duplicate the same effect.

Loading editor
    • Oh, thats pretty smart i didnt even think about that

Loading editor
    • Yeah you have linked some pretty creative templates used in infobox fields :)

Loading editor
    • Yeah there are, it would be to much work for me. Thank you so much for the help friend!

Loading editor
    • Well you can always ask for others to help you write a template but you would need to provide actual details like if you wanted a 1-10 scale, in red:

5 / 10
        Loading editor
    • The game the wiki is based on isnt very popular, so i just me a few others building this. but how did you do that friend? 

Loading editor
    • I just fiddled with that first template bar code from Splatoon Wiki.

Which wiki is it? What types of templates are you wanting?

I can help a bit with some I have so-so template and media wikia css experience and I usually work with gaming Wikis PC games (Dragon Age) to mobile app games (Paradise Bay).

Loading editor
    • I just wanted a template to show of stats of weapons on the game. the wikia is the  devilsthird.wikia.com 

Loading editor
    • Ok I can see why you want to style up your infoboxes. First off have you thought about upgrading to the new infoboxes?

And lemme see what I can come up with, using your original concept in mind.

Loading editor
    • I didnt know how to do that, and ok man ! :)

Loading editor
    • eerr... woman :P ;)

Ok this is just on the fly, I'd adjust the colors to match the game better (or a color theme you'd like for the wiki) if this is something what you are looking for. It is in CSS styles (you'd paste in your MediaWiki:Wikia.css page with the new infobox).

Devilsthirdtestinfoboxconcept2
      Devilsthirdtestinfoboxconcept
        Loading editor
    • WOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW THATSSSS GREAT BROOO OMG

Loading editor
    • Bro? I am a girl ;P

Which do you like? You could have one infobox one color theme for weapons and one color theme for characters if you want.

Also I was wondering when I checked article versus a screenshot the info was different, I would like to know more about how the game shows its stats/interface (if you could provide more screen shots) if you like me to help you format the infobox to look more like the in game mode. If you are good with that we could move this to your Wiki and I can start working on the templates and upgrading to the new infoboxes.  :)

Loading editor
    • Oh i'm very sorry about that, and that sounds like a great idea, my friend !

Loading editor
    • and here are more screenshots 
      Screen Shot 2016-01-30 at 11.15.31 PM
        Loading editor
    • Theres also melee weapons in the game, i dont got anyscreen shots of them but there stats are very similer to that of the guns.

http://devilsthird.wikia.com/wiki/Ninja_Sword

do you think you could make an infobox for them as well friend?

Loading editor
    • Hollowness wrote: Well you can always ask for others to help you write a template but you would need to provide actual details like if you wanted a 1-10 scale, in red:

5 / 10

Hey Hollowness! Could you help me make that please? I read the code you used but I don't really understand and it.

http://i63.tinypic.com/126fnfc.jpg

This is what it looks like in-game. If possible, instead of it saying 320/512 on the bar, I'd like it how it is, with "320" on the actual bar and "max 512" to the right. Thanks!

Loading editor
    • I am away from my computer this weekend/early week I'll have a look when I get home. :)

Loading editor
    • Hollowness wrote: I am away from my computer this weekend/early week I'll have a look when I get home. :)

No worries, enjoy your weekend. :)

Loading editor
    • I want to be able to simplify it so any user can use it. E.g:

{{HealthBar
      }} 

It should put those numbers directly into the calculation function in the code to produce the correct percentage of bar.

If you check out the first section of my sandbox (http://piratepower.wikia.com/wiki/User:LonePudding/Sandbox) you can see I've already styled it ,just need help making it user friendly. :)

Loading editor
    • With the example picture you provided I came up with this adapted from the original template (since I am not the most familiar with this type of template I do a bit a of trial and error), I did a grey background so you can see it has a white border just like in the image you provided (don't worry adding the heart image you had will be easy but I didn't want to download/upload just to use on community corner):

If you like I can set up the template on your Wiki if not I can give you the steps so that it works exactly how you want ie:

{{HealthBar
      }} 

I had one hiccup the bar I could do it without the curve line in the inside but then if the bar was full it look like this:

max 512

max 512

I am not that template savvy to figure out the #if phaser function for this particular template I'd have to ask for help :)

Loading editor
    • oh wait, did you want the blue/turquoise bar look instead? I can do that too. I just noticed they was more than one bar on the image you linked X / Sorry.

Loading editor
    • Okay so I got a bit carried away and spent long hours staring at progress bars :P

After searching forever, I found this, the ideal style I'd like my bars to have if I had the ability to code properly (http://codepen.io/phillipalexander/pen/hvJFC). I think this style is perfect (in a red colour, minus the darker animated stripes going across). Would you know how to use inline CSS rather than using Wikia.css?

Is this too much to ask? Could you help with those please?^ Or if it's too advanced, do you know anyone who could help with it?

I quoted your message with the example bars and saw that you got it to work with the "user friendly template" suggestion I gave you. How did you do that? I googled the #if function, still don't understand it lol.

(Don't worry about the curved line, it's with or without it)

Thanks for your help!

Loading editor
    • It's java script and I know nothing about java script. I can't even get people to help me with java script on these forums LOL :P ;) but you can always ask around.

I use #if phaser functions in Infoboxe fields, like

{{#if:{{{videos|}}}|<data source="videos"></data>}}

Which means if the video field is filled it will show if it is empty it will not. It would have been nice to have an if function that is the bar is 100%; it have the lined curved, if not; it be not curved. But this is not a template I have used before besides testing in this thread.

On your site create a template named HealthBar (click this link)

and paste:

<div style="position: absolute; left: 35px; font-family: Arial Rounded MT Bold; border-style:solid;border-width:2px;border-color:#FFFFFF;background-color:#8f5d01;width:100px;height:1.5em;-moz-border-radius:6px 6px 6px 6px; -webkit-border-radius:6px 6px 6px 6px;"><div style="position: absolute; background-color:#e0a100;width:{{#expr:floor(100*{{{1|320}}}/{{{2|512}}})}}px;height:1.5em;-moz-border-radius:4px 4px 4px 4px; -webkit-border-radius:4px 4px 4px 4px;"></div><div style="position: absolute; color: #FFFFFF;width:100px;height:1.5em;text-align:center;z-index: 10;">'''{{formatnum:{{{1|320}}}}}'''</div><div style="position: absolute; left:calc(65%); color: #8f5d01;width:100px;height:1.5em;text-align:right;z-index: 10;">'''{{formatnum:max {{{2|512}}}}}'''</div></div>

Then:

{{HealthBar
      }} 

Template should work on your site.

Loading editor
    • Oh sorry! I had no idea there was JavaScript in there! It's disabled on my wiki anyway so that definitely wouldn't work lol.

Do you know where you got that template from or no other wikis that use it so I can snoop around and read some more about them?

And thanks for the code! It works perfectly!

Loading editor
    • From earlier in this thread Noblex96 linked it:

Noblex96 wrote: http://splatoon.wikia.com/wiki/Hero_Shot_Replica

how about this link

Loading editor
    • Ohh yes I saw that. Because you changed the colour I thought you go it from somewhere else.

Thanks for your help.

Loading editor
    • no problem :)

Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message