Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary

Line 17: Line 17:

I, for one, hope that doesn't become a standard across Wikia. GameStar might be relevant to gaming wikis, but on non-gaming wikis like de.MLP or de.Harry Potter... when ads like that hit more language groups, CC will go crazy.

I, for one, hope that doesn't become a standard across Wikia. GameStar might be relevant to gaming wikis, but on non-gaming wikis like de.MLP or de.Harry Potter... when ads like that hit more language groups, CC will go crazy.
  +
  +
'''Edit:''' apparently, [http://de.community.wikia.com/wiki/Benutzer_Blog:Avatar/Partnerschaft_mit_GameStar/IDG this has been on German wikis since 2012]. I'm surprised noone kicked up a fuss over it internationally.

Latest revision as of 17:17, 5 November 2015

Xytl wrote:

OneTwoThreeFall wrote:

Tupka217 wrote:

... gives a false impression that the two sites are in an official agreement. They're not. It's an advertisement that wasn't paid for.

They are, actually. You can see it in Wikia's source. All German wikis have a GameStar logo (see even German Community Central, for example). You people shouldn't be so mean and condescending just because you see something not the usual!

Refering to people as "mean and condescending" over a misunderstanding is not particulary fair.

I wouldn't call it mean and condescending, just a bit strict. But on the Internet, it's in the eye of the beholder; I apologise if it came across than this. I should've used some more tact, perhaps. It's a misunderstanding, definitely. It's not a usual place for an advertisement, and it's (to my somewhat limited knowledge) not used on any other language.

Edit: apparently, this has been on German wikis since 2012. I'm surprised noone kicked up a fuss over it internationally.