FANDOM

(Created page with "Posting here, because my original aside in the thread was not intended to derail the thread. <div class="quote"> Master Ceadeus 27 wrote: Personally, if it's something I can j...")

Line 12: Line 12:

*Q1: Under what conditions you ''can'' you "justify" blocking them?

*Q1: Under what conditions you ''can'' you "justify" blocking them?

*Q2: What is "problematically spreading their age on wikia"?

*Q2: What is "problematically spreading their age on wikia"?
*Q3: Imagine that Setheo, Gojira57, or Cottonmouth255 is actually 12. They each have thousands of edits, so it's safe to say the wiki wouldn't be the same without either of them - so how would it help the wiki to block them simply for being 12?
+
*Q3: '''Imagine''' that Setheo, Gojira57, or Cottonmouth255 is actually 12. They each have thousands of edits, so it's safe to say the wiki wouldn't be the same without either of them - so how would it help the wiki to block them simply for being 12?

I'm not looking for an argument, or to convince you of anything, I would just like to understand your opinion.<ac_metadata title="Regarding your comments on COPPA"> </ac_metadata>

I'm not looking for an argument, or to convince you of anything, I would just like to understand your opinion.<ac_metadata title="Regarding your comments on COPPA"> </ac_metadata>

Latest revision as of 14:28, May 20, 2015

Posting here, because my original aside in the thread was not intended to derail the thread.

Master Ceadeus 27 wrote: Personally, if it's something I can justify taking care of myself, I like to block for underagedness, simply because I think having their account disabled permanently is a bit harsh.

However, if they're problematically spreading their age on wikia, I think it's best to report them.

That's just my two cents.

I think a local admin blocking them is "a bit harsh". If they have done nothing that would merit a block if they were 18, then what's the purpose?

• Q1: Under what conditions you can you "justify" blocking them?
  • Q2: What is "problematically spreading their age on wikia"?
  • Q3: Imagine that Setheo, Gojira57, or Cottonmouth255 is actually 12. They each have thousands of edits, so it's safe to say the wiki wouldn't be the same without either of them - so how would it help the wiki to block them simply for being 12?

I'm not looking for an argument, or to convince you of anything, I would just like to understand your opinion.