Hello, I'm Bobogoobo (the name comes from Uru; my alternate name is Viisbyxa [has had other forms], which comes from Final Fantasy X), and I like editing wikis and coding things. I first became an active wiki editor in late 2009, and I'm pretty glad I got into it, as it has introduced me to many of my coding interests. I tend to be a little OCD about things, so I spend a lot of time cleaning things up, making them consistent, and such. I also can get cranky if I have to clean up a lot of messes people made or spend too long editing, so apologies in advance for snapping at anyone.
I customize my Wikia experience quite a bit. Another thing I am very interested in is having correct spelling and grammar. Some things I don't like are visual editor (because it often messes up code and creates annoying inconveniences when I'm trying to make a template and have to keep its users in mind) and a variety of pet peeves.
Lastly, I get really into coding but I can quickly lose interest over time or if no one is counting on me. I like helping people when I can. Please feel free to ask me (via any location that gives me a notification) for help, to run any code I've done, or anything else.
I may have forgotten some.
|Wikis I edit actively||Wikis I edit occasionally||Wikis I was active on but no longer edit|
I also read some other wikis for information and I edit whenever I see something amiss. That's what I do on Wikipedia, for example.
- Public scripts I've written: CustomToolbarLinks, OldFilePages, TopEditors.
- I leave random CSS and JS around wikis I edit; currently I have several useful things and a future dev script or two in development here.
- Gadgets: I did this, and it works to some degree.
- Various smaller things I've done for people here and on other wikis, they may end up in various places.
- I've also written quite a lot of Python code to help me maintain wikis and create lists for maintenance, as well as do other things of interest. I kind of want to release this somehow, but it would have to be cleaned up and finalized a lot first (especially if I want non-programmers to be able to figure it out).
- I've done some coding for other sites as well, such as NGMedals.
- When I was limited to mostly wikicode (and still now to some degree), templates were my great love. I've made quite a lot of them on my main two wikis, and even more just for personal use.
I'm currently unemployed (I'd be interested in a job where I could work over the Internet from home, but I'm guessing those aren't too easy to find), so I spend pretty much all of my free time on the computer, because it's what I like doing. However, I have too many interests, so even with all my free time I can't really do all the things I want to do. I can be found on a variety of websites around the Internet, usually ones that have to do with web-based games. Or ponies.