Community Central
Community Central

User account "SpikeToronto/User talk archive" is not registered.

m ( )
No edit summary
Line 250: Line 250:

:You also asked this at Scratchpad. I’ve responded there. :-) — <span style="font: bold 125% Garamond;">[[User:SpikeToronto|<span style="color:#DC143C">Spike</span>]][[User talk:SpikeToronto|<span style="color:#000000">Toronto</span>]]</span> 04:24, February 24, 2014 (UTC)

:You also asked this at Scratchpad. I’ve responded there. :-) — <span style="font: bold 125% Garamond;">[[User:SpikeToronto|<span style="color:#DC143C">Spike</span>]][[User talk:SpikeToronto|<span style="color:#000000">Toronto</span>]]</span> 04:24, February 24, 2014 (UTC)
  +
  +
== Safari/iOS issues ==
  +
Hey, I see that you, like me, are very concerned about the issues currently affecting iOS 7.1+/Safari 7.0.1+. I've been reporting this issue since the first week of January, long before I was on staff. (See [[tardis:thread:148894]].)
  +
  +
I just want to assure you that — despite the fact it doesn't always make it to the weekly roll-out notes — this issue is of great concern, and we're having a '''lot''' of internal discussion about it. At this point, we're in the bug reporting and discovery stage. Mainly because, like you, I'm a pro- (and even an only-) Apple guy, I'm personally committing around 10% of my work week to testing on this issue. I just made two reports today alone. The engineering team is, as always, responding with great and complimentary efforts on their side.
  +
  +
This issue is damned odd. I've personally tested it six ways from Sunday and my poor little brain is bleeding. (Fortunately, our engineering team is possessed of stronger grey matter.) What I can tell you at this stage is that it doesn't appear to have anything to do with an overt change on our part. It's simply that changes made by Apple in Safari 7.0.1 (and therefore iOS 7.1) have somehow offended an ''already extant'' condition here at Wikia. Because it doesn't involve a ''change'' on our part, it's harder to track down.
  +
  +
Another thing to remember is that the release of iOS 7.2/Safari 7.1 is imminent, which we're going to want to take a look at as we go forward.
  +
  +
I have confidence that we '''will''' get this thing licked, but we need your continued help.
  +
  +
If you have any details '''''of any kind''''' to share, please keep submitting S:Cs — but you know that already. If you hear of other users having this problem, please have ''them'' submit S:Cs too. What we really need are more points of hard data. So, list particular pages where you're having a problem, note anything you see in Console, check backend Timelines — give ''anything'' odd you see from the Develop menu. Also, if you notice ''anything'' on any Apple forum you might frequent that you think might have even ''marginal'' relevance to this issue, please either post a message on my wall, or just send in an S:C. Thanks :) {{user:CzechOut/Sig}}{{User:CzechOut/TimeFormat}} 18:10: Thu 10 Apr 2014</span>

Revision as of 18:10, 10 April 2014

New thread? Please click the Add topic button above.

You ask me to specify what I mean by the red underline: when you mispelled something on the edit window, it don't show the red underline to indicate spelling error, so you could mispell something without knowing. To prevent this, I normally type words that I am not sure of on the summery/headline deilogue (example) box above the preview/pubilsh buttons...it was annoying...and I use Chrome. I prefer if you respond in my talk page, not here, thank you. Mand'alor Skyobiliviator The Devastator 06:42, September 10, 2011 (UTC)

Firefox has a spellchecker and I think Chrome also has one. Cheers, TK999 13:30, September 10, 2011 (UTC)
And there’s an add-on for Internet Explorer too. But, I’m not entirely sure that that’s what Anakin is talking about since he keeps mentioning the edit summary. Color me confused … — SpikeToronto 22:58, September 10, 2011 (UTC)

Blocked on admin tools wiki

You seemed to block my IP on admin tools for testing reason- therefore i have been blocked. Can you undo your blocks? TheBen10Mazter (Talk -Blog -Contribs) 19:16, September 13, 2011 (UTC)

No local issues here, please. TK999 19:17, September 13, 2011 (UTC)
Appealing a block here from a wiki where you cannot edit is not against policy. --User? 19:19, September 13, 2011 (UTC)

B10M, I believe it’s fixed now. It was a test block on what turned out to be your IP that wasn’t cleared right after like it was supposed to have been. TK took care of it.

Next time B10M, you should put an unblock request on your talkpage over there. I’m pretty certain you would have still had talkpage access. It was just luck that TK saw your note here. But, if you had used the unblock form over there, it would have immediately sent out a notice to all the bureaucrats and the active admins. Plus, it would have activated the administrator’s backlog, which would have generated a second, further email notice to all the bureaucrats and the active admins. It gets you the fastest action possible because we don’t want members filing unblock requests to have to wait for a response. It was just luck that TK happened along here to see your note. That is most likely why he made the comment about “no local issues here”. I think it was his shorthand way of saying it’d be quicker over there. Sorry about the mixup. — SpikeToronto 23:30, September 13, 2011 (UTC)

Video formats & Wikia

Hey,I want to know what kind of files wikia support,could it supports swf files? Dash Shalin 10:56, October 1, 2011 (UTC)

Please see Help:Videos. Hope this helps. — SpikeToronto 06:50, October 15, 2011 (UTC)

AST & Skype

Hi Spike! We kicked off the channel today with two wikis for AST. If you get a minute check into the skype channel. Thanks! --Meighan WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 00:33, December 13, 2011 (UTC)

Thanks for the update Meighan! I’ve been a bit busy off-wiki with the holiday season (planning Christmas Eve dinner for 16!). I will definitely plow through the Skype material the first chance I get. Thanks! — SpikeToronto 05:37, December 20, 2011 (UTC)
It's probs a bit outdated...maybe just hit me up on Skype and say hello in that channel as well. I totally understand it's that time of year! Dinner for 16 sounds yummy! ;) Have fun! --Meighan WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 05:48, December 20, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for your understanding. I’ll be in touch. In the meantime, you should consider recruiting User:TK-999. He is an invaluable admin asset to two of the wikis I work on. Also, he is a frequent, helpful contributor here at Community Central. Thanks! Happy Holidays! SmileySpikeToronto 07:21, December 20, 2011 (UTC)

Thanks

I appreciate you helping me with my wiki. I prefer to use Skype to chat. My screen name for Skype is: Bryan.David.Landry

Thanks again. :-)

B.D. Landry 01:50, January 26, 2012 (UTC)

RC Flooding

please stop flooding central with dozens of edits to the same page thanks! User? 12:33, February 15, 2012 (UTC)

Please ask the powers to be at Wikia to give us a Preview option and I will have the tools with which to comply with your request. Smiley Thanks! — SpikeToronto 12:54, February 15, 2012 (UTC)

Signature

Yes, it is a new signature! Thanks for noticing!   Jazzi   Speak  17:35,3/4/2012    [[Special:EditCount/Jäzzi|Special:EditCount/Jäzzi]]  

I was so curious, I went and looked at the code. Man, there sure is a lot of it! :) — SpikeToronto 18:20, March 4, 2012 (UTC)
Yeah that is a cool sig Jäzzi! I didn't make comment before because I've only just installed Safari, in which it looks great, but in IE... Starfleet Academy 08:41, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
Looks the same to me in both Safari and Win7/IE9. — SpikeToronto 09:10, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
Really? It looks totally different to me. Have you set up IE specially? Starfleet Academy 05:15, March 19, 2012 (UTC)
I don't think I have. — SpikeToronto 17:36, March 19, 2012 (UTC)
Well... I'm stumped then. I've had a quick look at the code for Jäzzi's sig (to get the right name), and it's the linear-gradient that isn't working for my win7/IE9. Any thoughts? :) Starfleet Academy 00:36, March 20, 2012 (UTC)

Signature troubles … again!

Hi Spike. Remember that long discussion about my templated signature? Well you were right of course. I didn't really like the signature in the end. It was a pain in the a$$ even with white-space:nowrap in it's code. I was looking for an excuse to be rid of it when a user on wikipedia pointed out this to me. Which says that those templated sigs put strain on the servers. I know it is a little different with Wikia, but I only needed a rotten excuse!

I thought I'd send you a message to tell you that I've gone with your idea (modified slightly). It will be great to start signing with four tildes again!

PS I really like how you've set-up your talkpage (thanks for __NOWYSIWYG__, I'll be using that in the future for sure!) :) Starfleet Academy 02:13, March 9, 2012 (UTC)

If anything, it would be even more of a server strain here at Wikia than at Wikipedia. That is one of the reasons I’ve always preferred Wikipedia’s signature policy: If the customized code will not fit in the space provided for it at Special:Preferences, you cannot use it. (Yours would fit there, by the way. Or, is it already there?) Thanks for the update Starfleet. Enjoy the weekend! — SpikeToronto 08:32, March 9, 2012 (UTC)

Hello! Yes that's what I was getting at (sorry bad explaination). Yeah it does fit in prefs with like 5 or so characters to spare! XD

Really? I thought that it would be better on Wikia for the servers because one has to make a /Sig & /Sig2 page on each wiki. This leads me to believe that the signature (all transclusions of it) will change only on that wiki. Unlike Wikipedia where it changes every transclusion at once! Am I right or do you think that it makes little difference?

Oh and may I point out that Wikia has no policy on this subject. This makes me think that Wikipedia's policy is more about uniformaty than server strain. Or am I well off the mark? I would like to hear you thoughts on the matter, but I do agree with you — hince the change of mind.

PS Since I don't have the room now, I'm going to be fiddling with this sig for awhile XD I've even being thinking of a Collingwood Football Club version (Trivia). :) Starfleet AcademyHail my ship 06:59, March 10, 2012 (UTC)

If your signature is in the space provided at Special:Preferences, then when you change it, changes are not retroactive. Also, Wikipedia’s policy is almost entirely the result of wanting to limit server strain (as I understand it). How about this for a new sig?

StarfleetAcademy

Nice and simple. It’s all yours, if you want it. SmileySpikeToronto 00:04, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
Oh I know about the prefs sig. It Substitutes the signature. Something that the templated or transclued sigs don't do! So is Wikia silly for not making policy on this matter? Or don't they think it's such a big deal?
As for your version of my sig (or vice versa rather ha ha); Why do you keep showing me that signature? I detect an agenda! I think you want us all to use slightly different versions of your signature. XD Well how do you plead? No jokes aside; I don't know why I didn't just copy that one and use it. I like it, but I find it has a few probs. My current one is too long, I know. (I'll fix it I'll fix it!) Problems with your suggested one is that 'Starfleet Academy' has a space. 'SpikeToronto' doesn't so I think yours looks alot better that mine will with a space. See what I mean?

Starfleet Academy

I think that you don't like 'Hail my ship'. Well let me give you a piece of my mind: I don't either. XD So that's gone. I've also have used that color you did in your suggestion sig, for my current one. Thanks for chatting with me on this, as you probably know by now "I'm the king of indecision." Ooh thats given me an idea for a userbox on Wikipedia! Just what everyone needs. XD Starfleet Academy 04:27, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
Nah. It’s not a conspiracy to spread the seed of my signature all over the wikiverse. I’m just lazy and prefer to just change a font face and some colors than to think up a whole new design. :) You have to admit, though, that it is compact, both in its rendered form and in terms of its raw code. (Thanks to Rappy and TK for their help in that regard.) Finally, perhaps you are not so much indecisive as you just have too many choices! :) — SpikeToronto 18:47, March 11, 2012 (UTC)

(Resetting indent) Hi, sorry about the slow reply. Well currently mine is font-variant:small-caps; away from being the same as that one. I really like the Hanzel Extended font, but it looks its best in small-caps (IMO) and that makes it very very long for a sig. Oh and as for choices! yes I have many, all 255 characters of them lol!

PS I still don't understand why mine looks so much worse than yours, and that one that you designed for me! XD Starfleet Academy 08:14, March 15, 2012 (UTC)

Try this:

<span style="background:#FFFFFF; font: bold 110% Hanzel Extended; font-variant:small-caps;">[[User:Starfleet Academy|<span style="color:#00008B;">Starfleet</span>]][[User talk:Starfleet Academy|<span style="color:#8A2BE2;">Academy</span>]]</span>

which renders as this: StarfleetAcademy

It’s larger and heavier, but still uses the same font and is still in small caps. — SpikeToronto 00:32, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
Hmmm it was the size, visual, I have had trouble with... and I'm not sure whether that code would fit in the prefs. I guess it would if one cheated by removing the spaces and, the useful for reading, but space wasting: extra semi-colons.
Have you noticed how destination (hover-over) tags don't work on Wikipedia? I'd have a guess that their new version of MediaWiki doesn't like span styles in link display text.
PS Thanx I haven't been able to work out which lang 'css' was. (e.g CSS, css, cascading style sheets etc.) :) Starfleet Academy 05:34, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
What is the character limit in prefs? That sig is 246 characters. — SpikeToronto 06:35, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
Oh great then. I'll think about it. The pref limit on Wikipedia is 255. I'd say that it's the same here. (I'd guess that there's some system reason for have 255; not 260 say, or 300. Otherwise it makes no sense...) :) Starfleet Academy 07:10, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
255 is 1 less than 256, which is 28 bytes. I'm guessing that's the size in the database allocated for each user's signature -- RandomTime 07:14, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
Oh right then. Yeah I was trying to get at that kind of thing! ;) Starfleet Academy 08:35, March 16, 2012 (UTC)

(Reset indent) What RT is getting at, Starfleet, is that 256 is a "magic" number, of sorts: 1024/4=256 And as you know, 1024 is kilobyte. Other numbers (e.g., 300) don't figure in that math. — SpikeToronto 09:19, March 16, 2012 (UTC)

Yeah I (sort-of) got that from RT. Fascinating, how this stuff is set-up... :) Starfleet Academy 05:14, March 19, 2012 (UTC)

Sims3pets Wiki

Hello. Because you are councilor, you must be part of the wikia staff team. That means that you should be able to help with a problem that may seem small to you, but is big in the long run. On the wiki that I founded, Thesims3pets Wiki. The user GEORGIEGIBBONSwho actually hates me and has always wanted revenge since september/october has, "adopted", my wiki and has gained admin rights but I have been told by the Wikia support team via e - mail that I could return to my wiki anytime that I want. Even though I haven't been on th wiki to do anything wrong, I have been blocked for no reason. And in some respect, that is using admin powers form something that isn't constructive to the wiki. Because you have the admin power throughout the wikia network, you will be able to unblock me and give me all admin rights. Please Please Please do this for me. Because the wikia staff do something about vandalism and vandals on wikis, so you should help me with this matter. If you don't help me with this, you are showing wiki theifs that they can get away with whatever they want, which means that the wikia network will be an unhappy and unsafe place, resulting in a big loss of wikia users.

Please help me with this and do one step to tackle an unsafe wikia network!!

Thanks,

Sforster123 12:18, March 18, 2012 (UTC)

Sadly, I cannot help you, Sforster123, as I am not a member of Staff. The word Councilor merely means that I am part of Wikia's beta test group. It might as well say Tester as Councilor. The best option for you is w:c:sims3pets:Special:Contact. Best of luck! — SpikeToronto 21:50, March 19, 2012 (UTC)

Councilor

What do councilors do somebody told me they test things if so can i view you're test wikia? Original Authority (talk)

Hi Original Authority. The wiki where the beta testers congregate is, unfortunately, a private, internal wiki: without the councilor bit on your account, you cannot access it. This is not done so much to "hide" the beta test team's activities from the larger community as it is to not flood the community with "things" that may never see the light of day if they do not pass the beta test stage. Also, some things being tested today may not be released for months. — SpikeToronto 22:37, March 19, 2012 (UTC)

My question on Introducing the Admin Support Team

I tried to put the screencap into the comment but it didn't work therefore I am textining you directly. Pardon the intrusion.

Userstats

(OnePieceNation 04:22, March 26, 2012 (UTC))

It’s as I suspected. The heading Project: refers to the Project: namespace (i.e., ns:4). The Project: namespace is where pages are kept about the wiki. The name of the Project: namespace is usually the same as the name of the wiki itself. Therefore, the Project: namespace at the One Piece Wiki is One Piece Encyclopedia: You can see a list of all the pages in that namespace at w:c:onepiece:Special:PrefixIndex/One Piece Encyclopedia: or w:c:onepiece:Special:PrefixIndex/Project:. You can see all of your edits in that namespace here. Hope that helps! SmileySpikeToronto 05:56, March 26, 2012 (UTC)

Thank you. That helped a lot. (OnePieceNation 13:56, March 26, 2012 (UTC))

Councilor?

Hi, I was on your page, and I noticed you were a "COUNCILOR". What is that? Thanks. -- Evanf | talk | contribs , 12:04, March 30, 2012 (UTC)

Evan, just to save myself some typing, take a look here. Thanks! — SpikeToronto 13:12, March 30, 2012 (UTC)
Oh, I see. How do you become one? -- Evanf | talk | contribs , 13:24, March 30, 2012 (UTC)
Hey Evan. Please see Help:Community Council. Thanks! — SpikeToronto 15:43, March 30, 2012 (UTC)

Per IRC

Don't know if you've gotten my query, but could you give me the links to the wikis you want a theme for? I was going to do them before my work, but I'm willing to take the time out of it (and believe me I want to as it's quite boring). So yeah, if you could link that'd be greatly appreciated. Jazzi  13:18, April 28, 2012 (UTC)

Sorry about the delay. Your help would be great! The sites are http://horticulture.wikia.com and http://tea.wikia.com The other sites I work with are okay in Monobook. But, those two sites are shades of green in Oasis and it would be great if they were similar in Monobook. Thanks!! SmileSpikeToronto 19:08, April 28, 2012 (UTC)
Done and done. Sorry for taking a bit longer. Jazzi  15:11, May 1, 2012 (UTC)
Longer?! Seems pretty fast to me! Where to I go to have a look, etc? Thanks. — SpikeToronto 15:47, May 1, 2012 (UTC)
They're in my custom CSS and you can copy the code there and go into firebug or the like to put it in. Or you can go to a test wiki and put it into the MediaWiki:Monobook.css on that test wiki. --Jazzi 15:49, May 1, 2012 (UTC)

Could you help??

Hey, I'm not really a new admin, but could you help me build the wiki with some cool things I can't really do. The wiki is here. I'd love for you to put some advanced things that I havn't got that I can use around the wiki and maybe also give me advise for the wiki of what I'm going to do. Thanks :) New Captain (talk contribs count) 07:35, May 6, 2012 (UTC)

Your best bet is to go to Admin Support:Main Page and follow the instructions there for assistance. Thanks! — SpikeToronto 16:01, May 6, 2012 (UTC)

Message Wall

Hey, Spike (hope you don't mind me calling you that), I was woundering how did yoou get this page to go on you're messge wall and get rid of the message wall without redirecting it here?   Original   Authority    ♪    email  

I honestly can’t remember all the details. Take a look at Message Wall Greeting:SpikeToronto. I think it may have been done through there. Sorry that’s not much help. But, it was quite a while ago. Also, User:Monchoman45 has devised a method where you can get message bubble notices for this page, which you can implement after you set it up. — SpikeToronto 20:48, June 22, 2012 (UTC)

AST Channel

Hey! Could you log onto Skype and check out the Admin Support Team channel? I left some ideas in there that we’d like feedback on. If you could do this before tomorrow afternoon, that would be fantastic. Thanks Spike! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 20:09, July 30, 2012 (UTC)

Doh! What a dope I am! If you are referring to the wall of text, I read it soon after it was posted. But, I got called away and forgot to return and comment. I've been told that I'd forget my head if it weren't on my shoulders. Thanks for the reminder! SmileSpikeToronto 06:34, July 31, 2012 (UTC)

AST Channel

Hey! Just wanted to let you know that I've just added some stuff to the AST channel on Skype. If you could head on over there and check it out, that'd be much appreciated. Thanks! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 19:44, August 16, 2012 (UTC)

• Hey Spike. Just wanted to remind you to be sure to check the AST channel on Skype. We'll need to hear back on that ASAP. Thanks! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 19:02, August 20, 2012 (UTC)
Done. Done. — SpikeToronto 00:44, August 21, 2012 (UTC)

Admin Support Team

Hey Spike! I don't know if you saw it in the AST Skype channel, but we're planning on having a team meeting at 3pm PDT on Thursday. If you're able to make it, we'd really appreciate you being there. One of the things we'll be discussing is the AST project we've been working on for the last few weeks. To prepare you for that, and even if you're not at the meeting, I'd like to send you a .PDF file with information about the project. Do you mind if I e-mail you using the e-mail address associated with your Wikia account? Thanks! - Brandon Rhea(talk) 18:32, August 21, 2012 (UTC)

Hey Brandon! Thanks for the heads-up. I’ve been working primarily on my iPad lately, which means I do not have Skype access every day. (I’ve not been on Skype since Monday.) Please feel free to Special:EmailUser/SpikeToronto for the .PDF file or any other matters. Thank you again for contacting me here. SmileSpikeToronto 16:28, August 22, 2012 (UTC)

Mind if i tell you something?

Sorry for removing the Sing Along thing off the Cartoon Network page back from Scrathpad. Please unblock me. 1 20:29, September 16, 2012 (UTC)Doug.scheer

You cannot chase people to other wikis to discuss your block. Please return to the Scratchpad wiki. Go to your talkpage there at w:c:Scratchpad:User talk:Doug.scheer#Blocked: 2012-09-16 and follow the instructions there. You are not blocked at Scratchpad from editing your own talkpage. That is where you have to appeal your three-day block. Thank you. — SpikeToronto 21:03, September 16, 2012 (UTC)

Documenting a Bureaucrat Selection Process

Hi, Spike. I'm wandering around various places to get some ideas, and came across a description of you that indicates you are a go-to person for guidelines, policies, etc. At DragonVale wiki, we are trying to get more of these things documented and right now I am drafting a process for community selection of Bureaucrats. We are not able to have this role at this point, but I would like to be ready to present proposals to the community when we are given that ability back. Do you have any suggestions of other wikis that have well-defined processes documented on selecting B'crats? Any guidance is greatly appreciated! http://dragonvale.wikia.com/wiki/User:Dragon_trip —This unsigned comment is by Dragon trip (wallcontribs) 15:12, April 6, 2013‎ (UTC). Please sign your comments by adding "~~~~" in the source editor.

Hi Dragon Trip. Sorry for the delay. Your best bet would be to sign your wiki up for the Admin Mentor Program at Admin Support:Main Page. Good luck! — SpikeToronto 13:59, April 10, 2013 (UTC)
Thanks, Spike. Our previous admin team participated in that program late last year. I'll check in with the group to see if the newer, active admins can participate again. In the mean time, I just go "wiki hopping" and find bits and pieces from different ones for ideas. Appreciate the response. Dragon trip April 10, 2013
That’s what I often do: borrow from other wikis. :) — SpikeToronto 22:46, April 10, 2013 (UTC)

I Have Been Blocked--Why?

Hello--I'm Pinguinus. You seem to have blocked me from Scratchpad Wiki last year, and I'm not quite sure why... the block log simply states that I'm "connected to mutual personal attacks + threats b/w group of users.)I have no recollection of being involved with such, and I don't even seem to have made any edits on that particular wiki... Anyway, I look forward to getting this mix-up straightened out. :D Pinguinus impennis 21:52, June 19, 2013 (UTC)

You need to go to your Scratchpad talkpage and initiate a review of your block there. To do this, place {{unblock|reason}} on your Scratchpad talkpage. — SpikeToronto 19:36, June 21, 2013 (UTC)

Wikia Adoption.

Could you please help me speed up the adoption process for the Demonata Wiki. I am afraid it might take a long while since there are many requests.

Adoption:Demonata Wiki

(01:31, June 21, 2013 (UTC)OnePieceNation (talk))

I am not involved with adoptions. Plus, adoptions are handled by Staff, which I am not. Therefore, I suggest you contact ONE (1) of the following staff members about your adoption request:
Good luck! :-) — SpikeToronto 19:44, June 21, 2013 (UTC)
Thanks OnePieceNation (talk) 21:29, June 21, 2013 (UTC)

Haven't seen you for a while

Hey Spike. How's life? I haven't seen you around for a while! --Kangaroopowah (Talk) 04:03, August 3, 2013 (UTC)

Hey ’roo! :) I’m around. Just busy over at Scratchpad. And you? How are things? — SpikeToronto 06:54, August 7, 2013 (UTC)
Sorry for the late response Spike! Things are definitely good, and I got wikipedia:WP:Igloo working again so give it a shot when you have time. I noticed you've been active at Scratchpad, which is pretty cool. You coming back to wikipedia soon? --Kangaroopowah (Talk) 03:46, August 15, 2013 (UTC)
Hey ’roo! I am on Wikipedia a lot. But, these days, more as a reader than an editor; although, I do make occasional minor edits. I do not have time for RecentChanges Patrol there anymore. :( — SpikeToronto 18:42, August 19, 2013 (UTC)

Can you help me please?

w:c:hypotheticalhurricanes:User:HurricaneTeen6900 how do I make the user status thing go to where my occupation and stuff is? — Hypotheticalhypercaneeg0HurricaneTeen6900(talk)Hypotheticalhypercaneeg0 23:20, February 14, 2014 (UTC)

You also asked this at Scratchpad. I’ve responded there. :-) — SpikeToronto 04:24, February 24, 2014 (UTC)

Safari/iOS issues

Hey, I see that you, like me, are very concerned about the issues currently affecting iOS 7.1+/Safari 7.0.1+. I've been reporting this issue since the first week of January, long before I was on staff. (See tardis:thread:148894.)

I just want to assure you that — despite the fact it doesn't always make it to the weekly roll-out notes — this issue is of great concern, and we're having a lot of internal discussion about it. At this point, we're in the bug reporting and discovery stage. Mainly because, like you, I'm a pro- (and even an only-) Apple guy, I'm personally committing around 10% of my work week to testing on this issue. I just made two reports today alone. The engineering team is, as always, responding with great and complimentary efforts on their side.

This issue is damned odd. I've personally tested it six ways from Sunday and my poor little brain is bleeding. (Fortunately, our engineering team is possessed of stronger grey matter.) What I can tell you at this stage is that it doesn't appear to have anything to do with an overt change on our part. It's simply that changes made by Apple in Safari 7.0.1 (and therefore iOS 7.1) have somehow offended an already extant condition here at Wikia. Because it doesn't involve a change on our part, it's harder to track down.

Another thing to remember is that the release of iOS 7.2/Safari 7.1 is imminent, which we're going to want to take a look at as we go forward.

I have confidence that we will get this thing licked, but we need your continued help.

If you have any details of any kind to share, please keep submitting S:Cs — but you know that already. If you hear of other users having this problem, please have them submit S:Cs too. What we really need are more points of hard data. So, list particular pages where you're having a problem, note anything you see in Console, check backend Timelines — give anything odd you see from the Develop menu. Also, if you notice anything on any Apple forum you might frequent that you think might have even marginal relevance to this issue, please either post a message on my wall, or just send in an S:C. Thanks :) czechout    fly tardis 18:10: Thu 10 Apr 2014