Community Central
Community Central
It's a magical world, Hobbes ol' buddy... let's go exploring!
~ Calvin's last line, December 31st, 1995
Wiki-wordmark-1

Greetings, fellow Wikians! Ever heard of the stories of a little boy and his tiger? Well, if you haven't, I'm Americhino, an admin at the Calvin and Hobbes Wiki and I'm here to promote this wiki.

"You still haven't answered my question. What is Calvin and Hobbes?"

Calvin and Hobbes was a daily comic strip published in, at its height, 2,400 newspapers from November 18, 1985 to December 31, 1995. It follows the humourous adventures of six-year-old Calvin and his energetic - yet stuffed - tiger, Hobbes. It even got its own documentary, Dear Mr. Watterson.

"Wait, wait wait. Slow down. How can Hobbes be an energetic stuffed tiger?"

It's actually kinda hard to explain. In Bill Watterson (the strip's creator)'s words: "Hobbes is more about the subjective nature of reality than dolls coming to life": thus there is no concrete definition of Hobbes' reality. Or, for those of you who want me to speak English, "Calvin sees Hobbes one way, and everyone else sees Hobbes another way." Still don't get it? Here you go.

"Last chance to get me interested."

OK, imaginary reader.

For example:

• There was one strip that only appeared in half the newspapers, the other half and every book displayed a completely different strip.
  • Calvin and Hobbes has been published as "Kelvin and Celsius" in Polish.
  • Calvinball. There is only one permanent rule in Calvinball: You can't play it in the same way twice. (But another seems to be that you have to wear a mask.)

"Alright then, I'm interested. But why are you promoting this wiki?"

Even though I just recently joined, we have been around since 2005. We have 438 pages, but only four editors (including me, the only admin) in Recent Changes, at the time of writing. Regardless if you've loved Calvin and Hobbes from the start, or have never heard of it in your entire life, please come join the wiki!

Gallery[]

Thanks for reading this post. (I hope it's not too long!)

americhino talk