Hi, this blog is an attempt at a compilation of quotes of all kinds. If you have a quote you'd like to see added, just say it in the comments, and please give a bibliographical source description. :)
- "Great men are more distinguished by rande and extend, than by originality." -Ralph Waldo Emerson, Shakspeare;Or, the Poet
- "These are the voices which we hear in solitude, but they grow faint and inaudible as we enter into the world. Society everywhere is a conspiracy against the manhood of everyone of its members. Society is a joint-stock company, in which the members agree, for the better securing of his bread to each share-holder, to surrender the liberty and culture of the eater. The virtue in most request is conformity. Self-reliance is its aversion. It loves not realities and creators, but names and customs." -Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance
- "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weaker minds." -Albert Einstein, unknown source (would appreciate some help with this, too lazy)
- "[B]ut I am sure they will have more worldly wisdom, and enough, I hope, to know that honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom." -Thomas Jefferson, a letter to Nathaniel Macon in 1819
- And I'm waiting, and waiting, and waiting...