Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- In the image addition tool, searches were also returning videos in the results.
- When editing a page with any 'intro' text (like, MediaWiki:Newarticletext), the editor lost an area of equivalent height from the bottom. Most instances of this bug have been corrected. If you see any other instances of this please let us know.
- Special:CreatePage will now give an error when attempting to create a page that already exists.
- Various minor fixes related to the recent layout and navigation update have already been pushed live.
- Lazy loading images were occasionally having problems in Monobook
- Lazy loading now works for images within galleries
Select Known Issues
- The bottom toolbar is collapsing when it shouldn't.
- RecentChanges namespace filter reverts to 'All' when a change is made.
- Special:ThemeDesigner's preview reverts to 1000px width once a change is made (initially shows as 1030px).
- In Chat, private messages cannot be accessed if the sender is no longer connected.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|