Community Central
Register
Community Central

Hey everyone. C.Syde here, with my very first blog on Community Central. So some of you may be aware of C.Syde's Wiki. But I wanted to promote it because I noticed I've never made any attempts to promote it via blog, or indeed anywhere on Community Central. The said wiki has been around since September 2014, and has gained many members passing through, though very few, if any, have stayed long-term, editing wise. I hope you like this blog.

What exactly is C.Syde's Wiki?[]

C.Syde's Wiki originated as a test wiki known as C.Syde's Test Wiki back in September 2014. It was founded because I needed somewhere so that I could develop my skills as an administrator, to help me to meet the requirements to get the support I needed to become an administrator on some wikis that I edit on, notably The Sims Wiki because I had to go through a lot to gain the support I needed to become an administrator there.

However sometime in the first half of 2015, I requested that C.Syde's Test Wiki was renamed to C.Syde's Wiki, since it had become something other than a test wiki. From 2015 to now, it has become an all subject wiki, meaning that it doesn't focus on any particular subject.

Wiki and Page Creation Guidelines[]

Any user is free to add their own pages to the wiki, as long as they don't violate the wiki's policies. Aside from the policies and guidelines, there are no real restrictions to creating pages set in stone.

Generally when a user creates a page on the wiki, they are tagged as the owner of the page, either by adding a category called "Username's Pages", or if the page was created for testing purposes, a category called "Username's Test Pages" is added instead.

All article pages are added to the "Pages" category, while all pages that were created for testing purposes, or are under construction, are added to the "Test Pages" category. Usually once a "test" page graduates from the test pages category to the pages category, they usually don't get moved back to the test pages category, unless there is a good reason for it, like an article being in low quality, or requiring a major cleanup.

User Rights Requests[]

There are currently seven main user-groups on C.Syde's Wiki, although users are only eligible to apply for five of those user-groups from the start. Currently there are no real requirements to apply for "Chat Moderator", "Rollback", or "Discussion Moderator" rights.

So if a user wants to obtain those rights, they almost certainly won't have their requests declined, as long as they aren't found to have any histories of bad faith edits on the wiki, or on other wikis. The candidate's contributions on other wikis will be checked if necessary, to determine whether or not they can be trusted for the positions they requested.

There are no real requirements to apply for "Content Moderator" or "Assistant" rights, although extensive editing experience is strongly recommended for both groups. Since the editing side of the wiki is significantly stronger than the social side, a user who is granted Chat Moderator or Discussion Moderator rights may not have quite the same luck when applying for Content Moderator or Assistant rights.

However the requirements have lessened since the wiki's foundation, so Content Moderator and Assistant rights should still be easy to obtain for users that have "some" editing experience. Rollback is an editing user-group, not a social user-group, but since they cannot edit protected pages or change the protection levels like other editing groups can, they are held to the same standard as the social groups.

Currently users have to apply for at least one of the already mentioned groups in order to be eligible to apply for "Administrator" rights. In addition, users need to have demonstrated some form of editing experience in order to receive Administrator rights. On C.Syde's Wiki, most users can be trusted to receive some of the mentioned user-rights provided they aren't found to have any histories of vandalism or bad faith edits on wikis.

Chat and Discussion Moderators may not abuse their rights by banning users unfairly. Discussion Moderators may not abuse their rights by taking over forum discussions. Members of those groups that do those things will have their status revoked.

Roll-backers, Content Moderators, Assistants, and Administrators may not abuse their rollback privileges by reverting edits that aren't vandalism or made in bad faith. Content Moderators, Assistants, and Administrators may not abuse their privileges to edit protected pages and change the page's protection levels. Administrators may not abuse their rights by blocking users unfairly. Members of those groups that do those things will have their status revoked.

Final Note[]

C.Syde's Wiki is a fairly active wiki most of the time, although currently there is only one active member on it - myself. Still, we'd be honoured if you decide to join the wiki and contribute to or to add content. Even leaving feedback in the article comments of article pages comes a long way. Feel free to tell other users about this wiki, if you wish! :D