Community Central
Community Central

Yesterday I went out to the movies and saw Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. I have to say, this movie was really well done and way better than I expected. There were, however, some things that put me off a little at the beginning. The movie started off really slow with lots of spontaneous shooting and noise. It was a very hard beginning to get into. However, close to the middle/end, you see the true colours of everyone's character and the main action begins. It wasn't one of those movies where there's no action and then BOOM action at the end, it was the kind of movie where there is a lot going on but it's constantly got you on the edge of your seat. There were many references to the comic books such as when Batman smashes through a window with his cape spread out like bat wings and when Superman looks up with his curl of hair in his face. It was just so well done and Doomsday was played excellently. Lex Luthor was where I got diappointed. His character was more psychotic than in the comic books, almost like the Joker. This annoyed me because in the comics and cartoons, Lex Luthor was supposed to be a sinister, power-craving, tall and bald character. He was almost the opposite of all these things. Also, not once did we see Lex Luthor's Warsuit. However, despite all of these expectations, I later discovered the following (from Wikipedia) which gave me information that I did not otherwise know before: "Although the character is normally portrayed as a charismatic business magnate, he was originally depicted as a recluse with a full head of red hair who, in the vein of pulp novels, wreaks havoc on the world with his futuristic weaponry.[6] The character later became hairless as the result of an artist's mistake. A 1960 story by Jerry Siegel expanded upon Luthor's origin and motives, revealing him to be a childhood friend of Superman who lost his hair when a fire destroyed his laboratory, a fire which Lex blamed on Superboy, who was attempting to save Lex from a lifeform Luthor had created in vitro that was threatening to kill Luthor."  this would explain why Lex Luthor was out to get Superman and also why he had a full head of red hair.  This would also show why he was a bit more psychotic. They change the way that Lex Luthor loses his hair, however.

***SPOILER ALERT DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING IN BOLD IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE*** At the end of the movie, Lex is arrested and his head is shaven before he is locked up in a cell. 

So overall this movie was actually really well done and I would definietly recommend it. Wonder Woman's character was well played and introduced and we get a small snippet of how Cyborg came to be in one scene where Batman is going through other superhero files. So yeah. Despite the first impressions, after analysing the movie, it was excellent and very throuroughly thought through. Go see it, DC geeks!