Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- Searches were failing when the search term contained no Latin-script characters. This fix is already live.
- The source mode link suggestion dropdown will no longer overlap the cursor when near the bottom of the page.
- Additional fixes for instances where the visual editor can incorrectly add linespaces in tables.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
- Grunny's script to automatically create your user page on a wiki has been released on the Wikia Developer's Wiki. This script can be added to your personal JS and gives you a "Create user page" link under your username drop-down. See the script page on the wiki for more information.
- Note: there is much more on the Wikia Developer's Wiki that may be of interest for anyone more technically-minded. Visit dev.wikia.com to find out more.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- While viewing an article, categories inherited from templates may appear to vanish if you use the category tool to add a new category. This is only a visual issue - refreshing the page will show them again.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|