Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Searches were failing when the search term contained no Latin-script characters. This fix is already live.
- The source mode link suggestion dropdown will no longer overlap the cursor when near the bottom of the page.
- Additional fixes for instances where the visual editor can incorrectly add linespaces in tables.
Other Notable Changes
- Grunny's script to automatically create your user page on a wiki has been released on the Wikia Developer's Wiki. This script can be added to your personal JS and gives you a "Create user page" link under your username drop-down. See the script page on the wiki for more information.
- Note: there is much more on the Wikia Developer's Wiki that may be of interest for anyone more technically-minded. Visit dev.wikia.com to find out more.
Select Known Issues
- While viewing an article, categories inherited from templates may appear to vanish if you use the category tool to add a new category. This is only a visual issue - refreshing the page will show them again.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|