Here are the latest technical updates on Fandom. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- Today we're highlighting some changes in the latest Community App release for Android, currently in progress, since there are several notable new features:
- The new notifications system will become available within the apps, allowing app users to stay up to date easily even if they have not opted into push or email notifications.
- New users will be able to register Fandom accounts using their Google account, similar to the way Facebook Connect works. Existing users will be able to connect their Fandom and Google accounts via the app.
- When reporting a Discussions post for review, users will be prompted to confirm that action. This should reduce the number of accidentally reported posts.
Other Notable Changes
- The number of users in global user groups will be correctly displayed on Special:ListUsers 'Groups' filter.
- Local user groups with no members will not be displayed on the Special:ListUsers 'Groups' filter.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|