Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- We had a series of issues with site caching last week, which created a mix of temporary glitches in the layout (like the image uploader window having weird alignment). These should all be resolved now.
- We fixed some issues with the Special:Statistics page, most notably the issue with "active users" showing as "-1".
- Facebook Connect preferences were occasionally not being recognized by our "pushing" system that determines whether or not an action should go on a user's Facebook profile.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
- We updated MediaWiki to v1.16.4 (a minor security release)
- The Chat feature is being tested on Total Drama Island Wiki, Muppets Wiki, Brink Wiki, Twilight Saga Wiki, Camp Half Blood Roleplay Wiki, Glee Wiki, and Runescape Wiki. (You must be logged in and viewing an internal page to see the chat entry box appear in the right sidebar.) You're welcome to visit those wikis and test out chat, but please be respectful of the fact that you'll be visiting a live, active wiki.
- We changed the background color on staff blog comments on Community Central to something brighter and a little easier to read. Do you like it?
Select Known IssuesEdit
- The <small> tag is not working right now. If you see any other similar tags currently not working on Wikia, please contact us!
- Working on some of our hubs this week, we have broken the footer on a number of wikis, where the category of the wiki appears next to the black Wikia logo. Wikis affected are showing <food-and-drink> as the category. If this is happening to your wiki, we are on top of it and don't worry, your category hasn't actually changed. This is simply a bug with the display logic.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.