Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Moved files related to the video migration were showing as contributions from IP addresses instead of from User:WikiaBot.
- Top Ten Lists will now have a better description and alt-text when being shared to Facebook or Twitter.
- The "show hidden categories" preference was missing from Special:Preferences; it will now appear in the "Under the Hood" section.
Other Notable Changes
- We're changing the way we handle extra-wide tables in our mobile skin. Previously, you'd need to click on the table to open in a pop-up modal. With this change, you'll be able to swipe horizontally while still in the article window to see the full width of the table.
Select Known Issues
- The Visual Editor is removing some alignment tags and indentations if editing on Google Chrome.
- We are gathering reports that wikis with recent URL or page name changes are having those old URLs/page names kept in the search index.
- We are also searching for and gathering reports of the <verbatim> not working properly, no longer rendering the expected HTML. This doesn't seem to be a widespread issue with the tag so that's why more bug reports would be helpful to identify the pattern.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|