Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
It's a relatively quiet week this week...
Major Bugs Fixed
- Blog post listings were not updating with new posts within the usual cache time.
- The "restore" button will once again appear when working with your favorite wikis list for your profile header.
Other Notable Changes
- The "Restore Edit" feature will be removed for this week while we try to diagnose and improve visual editor load time issues.
- As a reminder, video files are in the process of being migrated to new URLs. For more detail, see our blog post.
- Thanks to the great response we received in last week's Technical Update about the new CategoryIntersection extension, we've given it a bit of a design facelift (and fixed the IE bug) so it will be even nicer this week.
Select Known Issues
- Wiki backgrounds do not seem to be updating as expected after making a change in Special:ThemeDesigner
- Expanded wiki navigation is broken in Internet Explorer 8.
- The toolbar is missing from the bottom of the browser on Message Wall and Thread pages. (It's still there -- it's just in a static position above the footer).
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|