Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
It's a relatively quiet week this week...
Major Bugs Fixed
- Blog post listings were not updating with new posts within the usual cache time.
- The "restore" button will once again appear when working with your favorite wikis list for your profile header.
Other Notable Changes
- The "Restore Edit" feature will be removed for this week while we try to diagnose and improve visual editor load time issues.
- As a reminder, video files are in the process of being migrated to new URLs. For more detail, see our blog post.
- Thanks to the great response we received in last week's Technical Update about the new CategoryIntersection extension, we've given it a bit of a design facelift (and fixed the IE bug) so it will be even nicer this week.
Select Known Issues
- Wiki backgrounds do not seem to be updating as expected after making a change in Special:ThemeDesigner
- Expanded wiki navigation is broken in Internet Explorer 8.
- The toolbar is missing from the bottom of the browser on Message Wall and Thread pages. (It's still there -- it's just in a static position above the footer).
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|