Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia! As usual, please note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
As mentioned in previous notes, we are in a trial period of releasing twice per week, on Tuesday and Thursday. The benefits of making this change are that updates get released faster, and individual releases are smaller and more manageable. However, this week, due to the Easter holiday, there will be only one release: on Thursday.
In the future, when needed, the technical update will include a 'Looking Ahead' section to give details of high-profile changes expected the following week. As readers of the technical update blogs, we welcome your feedback as we move through this trial period.
Major Bugs Fixed
- An issue that could cause gaps to appear above or on the right side of articles (particularly in Firefox) will be fixed.
- An issue causing some images to show white spaces at the top will be fixed.
- The existence of certain special characters in article names will no longer cause the mobile skin to fail to work correctly.
- Founder emails (those sent after starting a new wikia) will correctly respect the 'Disable all emails from Wikia' preference.
- Images with commas within quotation marks will now display correctly.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Weekly email digests will be returning! (For real, this time.) Digest emails will be sent out on Saturday nights, so that users may enjoy reading them over breakfast on Sunday mornings.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|