Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- We will be updating the footer area on both the desktop and mobile layouts with a new, consistent look. It will contain much more information and many more useful links than the current footers.
- The mobile layout's 'full site' link has been relocated to the very bottom of the footer.
- Note that this is a 'Wikia-owned' area and should not be customized, similar to the global navigation bar.
Other Notable Changes
- Communities with Discussions will begin to see a user's Discussions post count displayed on their wiki profile masthead. When the post count is greater than zero, it will be linked to a user's Discussions contribution list.
- The Twitter widget will be given a default height of 500px, so that editors don't have to manually specify a height to stop the widget from becoming extremely tall.
- We will be retiring the 'Infobox Preview' feature link from template editing pages. This will also fix a layout issue when viewing the page in widescreen mode.
- All real-world Maps are currently not displaying properly due to recent changes in MapQuest's API. Since the Maps feature is deprecated, in the coming weeks all such real-world Maps will be deleted, and a script will be run to remove embedded real-world maps from articles.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|