Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- We will be updating the footer area on both the desktop and mobile layouts with a new, consistent look. It will contain much more information and many more useful links than the current footers.
- The mobile layout's 'full site' link has been relocated to the very bottom of the footer.
- Note that this is a 'Wikia-owned' area and should not be customized, similar to the global navigation bar.
Other Notable Changes
- Communities with Discussions will begin to see a user's Discussions post count displayed on their wiki profile masthead. When the post count is greater than zero, it will be linked to a user's Discussions contribution list.
- The Twitter widget will be given a default height of 500px, so that editors don't have to manually specify a height to stop the widget from becoming extremely tall.
- We will be retiring the 'Infobox Preview' feature link from template editing pages. This will also fix a layout issue when viewing the page in widescreen mode.
- All real-world Maps are currently not displaying properly due to recent changes in MapQuest's API. Since the Maps feature is deprecated, in the coming weeks all such real-world Maps will be deleted, and a script will be run to remove embedded real-world maps from articles.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|