Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we're posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Creating a page with the VisualEditor will no longer display a broken page title.
- Inserting media using the VisualEditor on non-English wikias will no longer fail.
- Making multiple source dialog edits in the VisualEditor will no longer cause some changes to be skipped.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Link suggestions will be added to the VisualEditor's source mode.
- Results for the VisualEditor's category suggestions dropdown will be significantly improved.
- Two new keyboard shortcuts will be added:
- Access key + 'S' - open the secondary editor (the editor listed on the Edit button dropdown) while viewing an article
- Access key + '[' - open the source mode editor while in the VisualEditor
- Wikia will be separating out the 'navigation' use case for image galleries with a new parameter. After this week's release, a script will be run that adds the parameter
navigation="true"to any gallery that has the
link=parameter on at least one of the images. Automatic addition of
navigation="true"(upon save) will be coming in a future release. The script's edits will be attributed to WikiaBot.
Select Known Issues
- We're continuing to look into a few issues with the welcome tool, such as some users being skipped,
and messages being signed by Wikia instead of local admins. Update: this aspect has now been fixed.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|