Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we're posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- Creating a page with the VisualEditor will no longer display a broken page title.
- Inserting media using the VisualEditor on non-English wikias will no longer fail.
- Making multiple source dialog edits in the VisualEditor will no longer cause some changes to be skipped.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Link suggestions will be added to the VisualEditor's source mode.
- Results for the VisualEditor's category suggestions dropdown will be significantly improved.
- Two new keyboard shortcuts will be added:
- Access key + 'S' - open the secondary editor (the editor listed on the Edit button dropdown) while viewing an article
- Access key + '[' - open the source mode editor while in the VisualEditor
- Wikia will be separating out the 'navigation' use case for image galleries with a new parameter. After this week's release, a script will be run that adds the parameter
navigation="true"to any gallery that has the
link=parameter on at least one of the images. Automatic addition of
navigation="true"(upon save) will be coming in a future release. The script's edits will be attributed to WikiaBot.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- We're continuing to look into a few issues with the welcome tool, such as some users being skipped,
and messages being signed by Wikia instead of local admins. Update: this aspect has now been fixed.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|