Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- We will be launching a 4-week test of a prototype feature, Appreciation. Ever wanted to thank a user for their excellent edit, but don't want to start a whole message wall thread about it? Now you can. The goal of this test is to see if the concept helps communities retain new users and contributors.
- A 'nice edit!' link appears, for logged-in users only, on diff and history pages. Clicking the link notifies the user that you liked their changes.
- This prototype is only available for English-language users at this time. We look forward to sharing the results when the test is completed.
- You can read more about how it works on Help:Appreciation, and let us know what you think via Special:Contact/feedback!
Major Bug Fixes
- We recently fixed a bug that was causing some user profile text - generally, non-Latin characters - to be turned into question marks ('?').
Other Notable Changes
- Discussions categories will become available, which are analogous to boards in the Forum.
- Admins can create and manage categories within Discussions.
- Users posting a new discussion will be required to choose a category before completing the post.
- Readers will be able to filter the post list to show only specific categories.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|