Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Profile: "Chatmod" will no longer show if someone has both that right and "Admin"
- The Wikia floating toolbar was occasionally hidden by Chrome and Firefox's status bar.
- The "Find a Tool" search field in the Customize Toolbar was not returning any results and is now fixed.
- There have been some more minor fixes on the New Wikia Editor: Preserving pasted text colour, IE8 aesthetics, and improving link formatting.
Other Notable Changes
- We've launched a new version of our LyricWiki app for Android and iPhone.
- We're just about to make a change to how watchlist emails work for Community Central. Previously, if you didn't visit the watched page after getting an email, you never got another for that page. So we are experimenting with adding a time-out to that. If the page is edited again a day later, you'll get another notification mail (if you have notifications turned on of course). You won't get a notification for every edit, there's a maximum of one a day for each page.
Select Known Issues
- Firefox users may see issues with image attribution. The avatar and attribution link do not appear to be in the image frame anymore and bleeds into the actual article content area.
- Image re-uploading continues to be intermittently broken with the new version of the image not being updated in thumbnails. Please be aware that the new image is there (so no need to reupload it), but the image cache was not properly cleared and thus you are being served the old version.
- Search is not always updating with changes (for example, deleted pages may still be in the index). This affects results and the search suggest and link suggest dropdowns.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.