Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bug Fixes
- When editing comment replies with visual mode disabled, the edit area will now use the correct available width. Thanks for this fix, Volunteer Developers!
- In the classic editor switching from Visual mode to Source mode will no longer send your cursor to the very end of the page.
- In the VisualEditor, in Firefox, opening the source dialog will no longer send your cursor to the end of the text.
- Portable infoboxes would show an error when includeonly tags were used. This fix is already live.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- The VisualEditor will receive a new feature, allowing easy addition of the new portable infoboxes - it can be found under the 'Insert' menu.
- We are further relaxing the restriction on MediaWiki pages to allow editing on the following:
- Uncyclopedia.css, Blockedtext, Sidebar, Sitenotice_id, Userrights-groups-help, Welcome-user-page
- See Help:System messages/whitelist for a full list. We will be continuing to work on adding more pages to this list - please Special:Contact/feedback let us know if there are important pages you would like us to prioritize.
- The team is also very hard at work at getting JS page editing available again. We'll have more news to share on this soon!
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|