Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- Video thumbnails wider than 230 pixels will now have the play count displayed. Video play counting began on August 1.
Major Bugs Fixed
As noted last week, our engineers are working hard to resolve bugs that arose as part of the MediaWiki 1.19 upgrade. They have made great progress and below are some of the highlights.
- The Visual Editor was occasionally ignoring highlighted text and changing external links in articles to the first internal link.
- Special:RecentChanges was loading slowly.
- Achievements custom badge images were not saving.
- "Undo" links were intermittently appearing on article history pages.
- Broken video links were appearing in Special:WantedFiles.
- Redirects were not working in the Project: namespace.
- Special:WikiActivity was not linking to users' Message Walls.
- Some of the Help pages on Community Central had their content repeated twice on the same page.
Select Known Issues
- Message Wall posts are now saying "a minute from now" instead of "a minute ago". We're not intentionally trying to predict the future!
- The edit intro section is ignoring noinclude tags in the Visual Editor.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.