Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bug Fixes
- Special:WhatLinksHere will once again be visible on the user toolbar on file pages.
- We will fix a case where scrolling while previewing an edit in the classic editor could prevent a user from publishing their edits.
- The yellow "email address has not yet been confirmed" notification bar will no longer interfere with the layout of the VisualEditor.
Other Notable Changes
- The special 'Admin Dashboard' styling shown at the top of special pages for admins will be retired. This design will still be seen on Special:AdminDashboard itself, but other special pages will return to their 'normal' layout (as seen by non-admins).
- In the web version of Discussions, badges will be added to avatars of admins, discussions moderators, helpers, VSTF and staff, denoting their roles.
- We will be making some backend tweaks to the behaviour of Chat, which has a few temporary implications:
- Chat will not be available for a short period around the time we release the site update - but this should only last about 15 minutes.
- All conversations that took place prior to the update will not be visible after the update.
- Anyone in Chat at the time of the switch will need to refresh their tab to access it again.
- The green "page has been added to/removed from your watchlist" notification bar will now automatically disappear after a few seconds.
- Old links to Special:UserLogin in several languages will now point to localized versions of the account login/signup process.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|