Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bug Fixes
- Special:WhatLinksHere will once again be visible on the user toolbar on file pages.
- We will fix a case where scrolling while previewing an edit in the classic editor could prevent a user from publishing their edits.
- The yellow "email address has not yet been confirmed" notification bar will no longer interfere with the layout of the VisualEditor.
Other Notable Changes
- The special 'Admin Dashboard' styling shown at the top of special pages for admins will be retired. This design will still be seen on Special:AdminDashboard itself, but other special pages will return to their 'normal' layout (as seen by non-admins).
- In the web version of Discussions, badges will be added to avatars of admins, discussions moderators, helpers, VSTF and staff, denoting their roles.
- We will be making some backend tweaks to the behaviour of Chat, which has a few temporary implications:
- Chat will not be available for a short period around the time we release the site update - but this should only last about 15 minutes.
- All conversations that took place prior to the update will not be visible after the update.
- Anyone in Chat at the time of the switch will need to refresh their tab to access it again.
- The green "page has been added to/removed from your watchlist" notification bar will now automatically disappear after a few seconds.
- Old links to Special:UserLogin in several languages will now point to localized versions of the account login/signup process.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|