Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we're posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Note: To obtain some extra QA on this release, the release has been postponed to Thursday, December 18th.
This is the last major code release and the last Technical Updates post of 2014. See you in 2015 and Happy Holidays!
Major Bugs Fixed
- The global navigation will no longer be split over two lines on older versions of Firefox. Note: we strongly recommend users on older browser releases update for their own online security.
- A situation that could cause local navigation dropdowns to intermittently revert to the default set will be fixed.
- Performing a second non-English global search will no longer give you results in English. This fix is already live.
- Search suggestions on Monobook will be fixed. This fix is already live.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Blog listing pages will no longer be added to lists of pages to be patrolled.
- Instances of the legacy Video namespace have been changed to File, across Wikia.
- Cases where the file is contained within a tag, such as <gallery>, were not updated by the script and should be updated manually if found.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|