Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- Slider galleries now support the use of videos, which can be added via wikitext.
- When adding a video from Special:Videos or the Videos right rail module, the video search function is now available.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- A variety of issues have been fixed with the updated category tool, including: showing categories in the preview dialog, preventing duplicates, restoring the 'newcategory' CSS class, and some display errors. The issue that caused newly added categories to always be piped (e.g.
[[Category:Wikia|Wikia]]instead of simply
[[Category:Wikia]]) has already been fixed and pushed live.
- 'Hidden categories' have also been restored, for those who have enabled the preference to see them. They will be appended to the normal list and have the CSS class 'hidden' so custom CSS can be used to differentiate them.
- Commenting, slideshows and tabbers are now fixed in Monobook.
- The 'Comments' link in an article's Table of Contents was pointing to an invalid location.
Select Known IssuesEdit
Special:AdminDashboard pageview statistics are currently out of action.A fix is now live for this.
- The file usage section on file pages shows incorrect wording when an image is used on a talk page (displays as if it was Article Comments).
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|