Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- The VisualEditor's link inspector tool was sometimes cut off at the bottom, when editing near the end of a page.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- When editing in the VisualEditor, other elements of the page will now fade out, reducing distractions from the editing area.
- The VisualEditor toolbar has been updated - for example, 'Page settings' is now a dropdown menu and includes the 'Source Editor' option, and notifications have an improved design.
- When resizing media within the VisualEditor, a tooltip now shows the dimensions. Holding down the Shift key when resizing allows you use steps of 10px.
- The VisualEditor will no longer be loaded in Internet Explorer 11 due to a few incompatibilities; this is a temporary change and full support is planned for the future.
- The VisualEditor now includes a short policy message in the 'Add media' dialog. This can be customized via the
- The Randomrootpage extension is now available on request.
- Game Guides 2.3 is released for iOS and Android. This release includes expanded language support.
- On Wikia Mobile:
- The Table of Contents access point is moved to the right side of the page.
- A comment counter is visible in the article/blog header area (on communities with Comments and/or Blogs enabled).
- Message Wall and Forum threads may not be loading with the latest replies, due to a caching issue. Purging the page or clearing your browser cache may help to show the most recent replies.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|