Here are the latest technical updates on Fandom. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bug Fixes
- We will fix an issue that prevented category filtering in the Discussions activity feed.
- We recently made some tweaks to improve the reliability of the welcome tool (plus reduce the occurrence of errors when making Message Wall posts). If you are continuing to see issues, please send us a report.
- We recently fixed an issue where email notifications about new article comments had reverted back to an older email style.
- We recently fixed an issue where the Top Discussions module at the end of pages was missing.
Other Notable Changes
- Different user groups will now display different icons in Chat, like those seen in Discussions. In particular, admins, chat/discussions moderators, helpers and VSTF groups will become distinguishable.
- Banner notifications (such as the 'available in your language' message) will be improved on the mobile layout, making them easier to read and dismiss.
- We recently tweaked the Fandom content modules to use much more bandwidth efficient imagery.
- We recently retired a page header concept test - see Thread:1158153 and this follow-up comment for details.
- We are continuing to re-index a large amount of content, in order to fix some situations where pages were missing from the local search index.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|