Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we're posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Highlighted threads will no longer display misaligned in the notifications dropdown.
- New image galleries will now be compressed to a narrower layout when appearing alongside infoboxes and similar page content.
- Facebook widgets, such as the Like button and Share button, will now display properly. No changes to existing widget code should be required.
- An issue which could cause the notifications dropdown to get stuck on 'Loading notifications' will be fixed.
- Creating new Wikia Maps will no longer result in very heavy image loading requests, and the dialog will no longer jump around during loading in Firefox.
- In the classic editor, an issue that could cause wikitext to wrap incorrectly in the latest Firefox release (36) will be fixed.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Forum is graduating from Wikia Labs, becoming a standard feature option in WikiFeatures. Additionally, it will be enabled by default on all new wikias.
- The font size in the classic editor's pure source mode (i.e. visual mode disabled) is reducing by 0.5px, to become consistent with source mode's font size when visual mode is enabled.
- A quieter week for global navigation updates: this week, the hub menu is receiving a few design tweaks.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|