Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Article names with special characters (such as '%' and '&') could prevent the media lightbox from working correctly.
- Interlanguage links now appear in the editor's preview dialog.
- Added some spacing to the category bar to make sure it can't collide with article content.
- When editing MediaWiki:Wiki-navigation, one of the instructions was showing up incorrectly.
- Videos now correctly show the 'play' icon in Monobook.
- Tables of contents were displaying with bullets in Message Wall and Forum posts.
Select Known Issues
- Anonymous users are sometimes unable to see new replies to Forum threads.
- Creating a wiki with accented characters in the name can cause you to create a wiki with an incorrect URL.
- The editor's minimum height increased slightly, causing inconveniences such as the toolbar covering part of the edit window.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|