Here are the latest technical updates on Fandom. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- We love our fan contributors, and since it's almost Valentine's Day, it seems appropriate to announce they now have a dedicated profile page that showcases all of their content! For example, check out http://fandom.wikia.com/u/Technobliterator
Major Bug Fixes
- We will fix a case where some wikitext content would not render immediately when editing a Message Wall post. We have also been working on a variety of backend improvements for Message Wall and Forums to improve performance and eliminate sources of errors.
Other Notable Changes
- Category pages on the mobile layout will receive a design refresh, with popular pages called out at the top of the list.
- A few old features and tests are being retired in this update:
- As previously noted, the Top 10 Lists feature will be completely removed from Fandom. If your community has previously used this tool and would like to save the content, please make plans immediately to manually migrate those lists. You can learn more about this decision here.
- We will be retiring the 'mobile recent wiki activity' feature from the mobile layout, as it was very rarely used. (Note: this is separate from the desktop layout Recent Wiki Activity feature.)
- We will be retiring a test that bypassed the edit summary dialog for VisualEditor page creations, as it did not show a significant positive impact on page creation behaviour.
- Finally, the 'exitstitial' ad type will be retired - this is one that could appear when clicking external links on a wiki.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|