Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Tomorrow, the 'Moderator' group will be receiving a significant update: the current group will be renamed 'Discussion Moderator' and will gain a couple of abilities, and a new group will be available, called 'Content Moderator'. Read this blog post for more details!
Major Bug Fixes
- In portable infoboxes, file namespaces that start with a lowercase letter will now be accepted.
- Insights pageviews column labels will no longer be cut short in some languages.
- An issue that prevented page creation in certain circumstances on LyricWiki will be fixed.
- A long-standing (though harmless) JS error in Chat will be fixed.
- An issue that caused some personal JS Dev Wiki imports to fail was fixed earlier today.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Special:UserActivity will now be sortable by title, number of edits and last edit date.
- "Pages without an infobox" has been removed from the Insights right rail module (but is still accessible though the Insights hub page).
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Select Known Issues
- We're looking into an issue that caused people to receive emails from the Blog:Wikia Staff Blog multiple times. Please accept our apologies if you have been affected by this. We are going to spend time looking into the cause of this to make sure it does not happen again.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|