Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Special:WikiStats had not updated since mid-December (this was fixed last week and is live now).
- The Share button was no longer showing page-specific Twitter and Facebook counts (this was fixed last week and is live now).
- The Post and Preview buttons were unavailable when starting new threads in Forum and Message Wall, in some cases.
- On Special:WhatLinksHere, links to Forum threads were not rendering properly.
- Category:Blog_posts was not displaying all blog posts.
- The Forum Topics feature was not recognizing one and two-letter article names.
- The "Are you sure you want to leave?" warning was presented when leaving the edit page and no change had been made.
- LinkSuggest was not working for templates.
- Tab ordering when on an edit page should make more sense now. Tabbing from the editor moves to the summary field then minor edit button then preview and publish.
- The editor window was not showing as intended when attempting to edit a page when you didn't have permission to do so.
Other Notable Changes
- The MediaWiki message for a new page's "standard layout" changes to MediaWiki:Createpage-with-video.
- The default page now includes two section heading placeholders, two section content prompts and an "add video" placeholder
- For the small number of wikis that do not have Wikia's Videos feature enabled, the standard layout remains managed at MediaWiki:Newpagelayout, and the default message includes two section heading placeholders and two section content prompts.
- In MiniEditor, when visual mode is disabled, a monospace font will be used.
- Category:Blog_posts now displays and sorts by username.
- The width of gallery sliders increases to 670 pixels (from 660 pixels), an adjustment related to last fall's layout changes. There is no change to the height of sliders. The recommended size for images used in sliders is now 670 pixels x 360 pixels. Images smaller than these dimensions will be centered, with black showing as a background. Images larger than these dimensions will be scaled down to fit the longest side.
- Forum Board pages now display 25 threads before paginating.
Select Known Issues
- Special:SpecialPages is showing odd styling for non-admins.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|