Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we're posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- A new user group, moderator, is now available to all communities.
- We recently introduced a feature to make it easier for users to find wikias in their own language, in the form of a dismissible banner notification. If you have any feedback on this feature, please do let us know.
Major Bugs Fixed
- The Semantic Forms FormEdit page will now show again (on wikias that use it). This fix is already live.
- A rare issue causing search to show deleted pages will be fixed. This fix is already live.
- Sliders and slideshows will once again display in Monobook.
- An issue causing some password reset emails to be sent in the wrong language will be fixed.
- Saved images (from Wikia to your device) will no longer use a generic name like 'latest.png' instead of the normal filename. Note, this change will roll out gradually.
- A potentially confusing experience with email confirmation during the sign-up process will be fixed.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Wikia apps are in the process of being restored on Google Play. We are continuing to work with Google to resolve this, and hope to have all the apps up again soon.
- As part of updates to Facebook Connect, the related task has been removed from the list of Founder tasks.
- On ListUsers, labels will be clickable (instead of just checkboxes). Thanks, Volunteer Developers!
- Some HTML tag functionality will be restored to the 'Edit' button dropdown on profile pages. Thanks, Volunteer Developers!
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|