Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Expired Forum highlights were not disappearing from Notifications.
- In Profile header text fields, the non-breaking space character was rendering as
when followed by a colon. This will no longer happen upon save, and existing problems can be fixed by re-saving. (This most often occurred when using :) emoticons.)
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- やったあ! The new Japanese Wikia home page launched last week!
- Special:ParserSpeed is now available to all wiki admins. This tool lets you view a variety of statistics about the slowest pages on your wiki. Please note, the tool is still beta-quality, and any feedback is appreciated.
- Special:Editcount now has a row for 'archived contributions', allowing it to match the updated user profile count.
- Starting next Monday, Wikia will begin transferring images to a new DFS storage system. This will be very similar to a related process we went through in November and December. The transfer will be done on a wiki-by-wiki basis, with the smaller, older wikis getting updated first. While the script is transferring the images on your wiki, uploads on your wiki will be disabled. This process will be done quietly on the backend and there will be no major disruption to your wiki other than the disabled uploading. Uploads will be disabled for a small period of time, usually less than an hour.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|