Here are the latest technical updates on Fandom. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- In the last few weeks, Fandom has been testing and rolling out a number of improvements to our Portable Infobox feature. Highlights:
- New images can now be inserted directly into Portable Infoboxes using VisualEditor. Previously this required article adjustments in the Source editor.
- Default widths for both Europa and non-Europa infobox thumbnails have been considerably increased to reduce risk of pixelation.
- Themes in Portable Infoboxes now work alongside theme-source, rather than being replaced by a supplied source.
- Accent colors allow in-article colorization of Portable Infobox titles and headers.
- Smart groups are a new layout option for PI groups, allowing horizontal data fields to flow dynamically from one row to the next.
Major Bug Fixes
- We will be rolling out an update to the Android and iOS mobile apps this week to fix an issue with missing images, along with a variety of other improvements. See Apps Technical Updates for full notes, when available.
Other Notable Changes
- The email confirmation process will receive some security and user experience updates. Most notably, a user will no longer be required to re-enter their username and password after confirming an email address, if they are already logged in.
- The 'Related Threads' module on Forums will now display the avatar for the mentioned user, rather than for the creator of the linked thread. (Thanks to the Volunteer Developers for this tweak.)
Select Known Issues
- We are looking into some cases where accounts are still prevented from using the new 'forgot password' experience.
- In some cases, the name of the user who deleted a Discussions post is not being displayed on the list of all posts for a specific user.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|