Welcome back to our regular update schedule, which resumes with Thursday's release. We hope you all had an enjoyable holiday period, however you spent it! Below are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bug Fixes
- Portable infoboxes will receive several bug fixes, including:
- An issue affecting variable numbering will be fixed (now correctly starting at '1' instead of '0').
- Images containing special symbols (like '+') will now be recognized.
- Non-English 'File' namespaces that contain spaces will now be recognized.
- The creation process for database downloads will be improved, to make them less prone to errors.
- An issue that could cause "&" to be displayed in browser tabs instead of "&" will be fixed.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- The deprecated 'WikiStats' and 'Top' features will be retired - Insights is now the main hub for community statistics. Look out for updates to this feature throughout 2016 - for example, a simple list of popular pages is coming very soon. Please do feel free to send in suggestions to Special:Contact/feedback!
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|