Here are the latest technical updates on Fandom. We hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday break!
Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update.
Note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights - this is especially true of today's update, as it has been a few weeks since a major code release.
Major Bug Fixes
- We will fix some issues in Discussions around encoding and rendering of non-Latin characters, for URLs used in posts.
- An issue where searching in lowercase could cause search suggestions to disappear will be fixed.
- An issue that could cause the VisualEditor to unintentionally remove sections of article content was recently fixed.
Other Notable Changes
- The VisualEditor will receive a variety of usability improvements and bug fixes, including:
- While adding an image, clicking on an image will add it, rather than display it full screen.
- While editing, anonymous users are notified about feature limitations for logged out users and are given the opportunity to log in.
- Discussions moderators and admins will gain the ability to edit posts in Discussions, with no time limit. Regular users are still limited to edits to their own posts within the first 24 hours after posting. There will be an indication that a post has been "edited by administrators", visible to all users. Moderators and admins will be able to see the specific username responsible for the edit.
- If a Discussions reply has been reported, but its parent post has been deleted, the reply will no longer be listed in the "reported content" view for moderators and admins.
- Infoboxes can now use multiple themes, and accent colors can be used for title and section headers.
- The subject of the weekly digest email will change to "See what's new with your favorite communities this week" (rather than 'fandoms').
- Over the holiday break several wikis have been trying out a test concept for an updated page header layout - check out here for more details.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|