Here are the latest technical updates on FANDOM. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bug Fixes
- We will fix an issue that could cause slow page loads for some users, hanging on loading 'api.fandommetrics.com'.
Other Notable Changes
- Blog posts will now display within the mobile layout, rather than forcing a switch to the full site layout. (Note: when tapping to add a comment, you will still be redirected to the full layout.)
- In Discussions, web users reporting content for review by moderators will get a dialog asking them to confirm that they wish to make the report. This mirrors the dialog already shown to Android app users, meant to prevent accidental reporting.
- We recently dropped support for TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 secure connections, in order to enforce higher standards of encryption. Modern browsers should not be affected by this change - but if you have having trouble logging in or viewing images, please make sure your browser is up-to-date!
- We are continuing to partially re-run the rename process for some accounts. We identified a period of time where the rename process may not have fully completed, so this is being done to make sure they're sorted.
- We are also continuing spring cleaning of our codebase. These changes should not have any user-facing impact, but if you spot any issues after the update please do let us know!
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|