Here are the latest technical updates on FANDOM. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bug Fixes
- Scaling of non-standard width wiki wordmarks will be improved in Chat.
- Buttons shown during the 'forgot password' flow will no longer fail in Microsoft Edge and some older browsers.
- We will fix missing MediaWiki messages that started with
- In Discussions, previews of links to Message Wall threads will show the thread title, rather than the thread number.
- We will fix an issue that could cause navigation failures when viewing the mobile layout on iOS Safari's Private Browsing mode.
Other Notable Changes
- We will be removing an 'expiration' token from the 'Unsubscribe' links in our emails, allowing new such links to be valid for much longer.
- We are in the final stretches of our process of re-running the rename process for some accounts, in order to fix potentially incomplete updates.
- We are continuing spring cleaning of our codebase. As previously noted, these changes should not have any user-facing impact, but if you spot any issues after the update please do let us know!
Select Known Issues
- We are working on some fixes related to broken right column layouts since last Thursday's site update (particularly on Admin Dashboard and main pages).
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|