Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- Wide table popups will no longer lose the bold and italic text formatting of the original text.
- Welcomes posted on message walls are now marked as bot edits. Note: this fix went live last week.
- The Special:GameGuidesContent page will be available to admins on all gaming wikis.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
- Shortly after the release, a script will run to convert existing YouTube tags to File pages. This conversion is already happening (as of last week) for newly added YouTube tags.
- Attribution on the new File pages will be attributed to the user who added the YouTube tag.
- The script's edit to the content page will be attributed to WikiaBot.
- The upload date for the video will be the date that the file page is created (i.e. sometime this week); the result will be a large number of entries on Special:Videos with the same date noted.
- Height values will not be considered in the conversion; Width values will be retained and the thumbnail will be displayed at its native aspect ratio.
- YouTube tags with a height value of 30 pixels or less will not be converted to File pages, since that is an alternate method of embedding audio content.
- Update: The script to convert all youtube tags to file pages will be run on Monday.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- Users cannot edit their user profile header while on www.wikia.com - please use community.wikia.com (or any other wiki) instead.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|March 10th 2015 • March 3rd 2015 • February 24th 2015 • February 17th 2015 • February 10th 2015 • Archive|