Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- The redesigned Visual Editor is LIVE on our Community Test Wiki (and a few other beta test wikis) for you to explore. Once it's cleared for broader release, it will go live to Wikia Labs for any wiki to turn on or off as a demo. This will only be a temporary phase (but it will last at least a few weeks) before we enable this as the editing mode for all wikis. If you see any bugs or have general feedback on the demo for the development team please leave a comment over here.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Embedding videos from supported providers other than YouTube works again.
- Search suggestions is correctly fixed for Monobook on all wikis.
- Chrome was displaying code all over the page that condensed content and added a tag that said "Details" to it. This was an HTML5 change that we were not compatible with.
- There were several presentation bugs in the notification emails that wiki founders receive, and these have been resolved.
Select Known Issues
- Avatars are not updating properly on re-upload.
- Related pages character encoding is not working properly in non-en languages.
- Visual editor is still having a hard time dealing with the <ref> tag.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.