Here are the latest technical updates on FANDOM. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bug Fixes
- The "Add new page" button on the page header will now respect user editor preferences, initiating the "Create a new article" popup for that editor.
- Chat will receive a few updates:
- Visitors who have not yet edited the wiki will no longer have a blank "Member since" label - it will display the account registration date instead.
- The "Change this user's chat ban" popup will no longer display broken encoding in the title.
- "Contributions" links on Special:ChatBanList will link to the correct location.
Chat-join-the-chatmessage will be whitelisted (correcting a spelling mistake from the last batch).
- The missing
shared-Monobook-footer-wikia-linksmessage on Monobook will be fixed.
Other Notable Changes
- In Discussions, the 'undelete' option will become more accessible for moderators, showing as a green icon at the top right of posts.
- We will improve the the error message shown when trying to create a wiki while blocked.
Select Known Issues
- A variety of bug fixes to the new page header are being worked on - expect to see more this Thursday, including improved
DISPLAYTITLEsupport and fixes for duplicate and missing article header breadcrumb links.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|