Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- Over the course of this week, we will be updating the login/signup links and flows on the desktop site. This updated method of authentication, more secure and with a modern design, has been in place on Community Central and on mobile web (for all communities) for several months now. Please report any issues that you encounter.
Major Bug Fixes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- We will fix an issue that could cause category code to be duplicated via the classic editor.
- The reliability of the Help:Chat module widget (
<chat/>) will be improved.
- We recently deployed fixes to improve the reliability of the community creation process.
- Before the weekend, we fixed a bug that caused some images to fail to show in infoboxes.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|