Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- As previously announced, the updated login/signup links and flows on the desktop site have now been updated for all communities! Please report any issues that you encounter.
- Special:Community has been enabled across the top 5000 communities on Wikia. See also the announcement blog post.
Major Bug Fixes
- We have identified a situation that could cause notifications to fail to show up. If you continue to see issues after the release, please let us know.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Pagination behaviour will be updated on blog listing pages.
- It will become possible to create new portable infobox templates from within the VisualEditor, via the Insert Infobox option.
- Beginning today, we will be including release notes for the Discussions feature in the technical update blogs. While the feature is still in a beta stage and foundational development is ongoing, it's in use on several large communities. Please note that the feature is not yet available to enable upon request.
- In Discussions, Admins and Discussions Moderators will be able to view the names of users who have reported content for review.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|