Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs FixedEdit
- When creating a new thread on message wall, the mini editor for the message body will now start loading while you're entering the title.
- Search was showing some database query error messages. These are now resolved.
Other Notable ChangesEdit
- We've made a few changes to the Related Videos module which is active on some wikis: it will show three videos (with a slightly larger, more viewable size) instead of four videos, and it will choose videos more randomly, to stay fresh.
- We've shifted the notifications bubble so that it appears on the bottom right side instead of the left side of the screen. This change is already live.
Select Known IssuesEdit
- The "Back" and "Publish" buttons are appearing outside of the popup modal in the Preview Mode when editing wiki navigation.
- Some users have reported having problems uploading avatars through Google Chrome. If you're having issues with avatars, please describe the issue you're seeing via Special:Contact and include the image you're trying to upload.
- Site-wide message notifications don't appear on Message Wall pages for Monobook users.
- Category Exhibition is asking anonymous users to log in when they click the "sort by" dropdown.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|