Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- For videos that had attribution changed to "WikiaBot" in the past, the original attributor's name has been restored in most cases.
- In Firefox, <a> was being inserted with use of some MediaWiki:EditTools functions.
- In the category module, changing the order of categories on a page would remove all of the categories upon saving.
- Categories included in the <includeonly> tag were appearing in category module.
- Special:WantedProperties was not working on wikis with SemanticMediaWiki enabled.
- Tabindex has been added to the Visual Editor's Template Editor.
- Read More section was not showing up on all pages that it should.
Other Notable Changes
- Followed Forum threads are now listed on Special:Following.
- The <videogallery> tag is deprecated and has been changed to <gallery> on all wikis.
- The Visual Editor has now been enabled for all languages across the Wikia network.
- Additional information is added to video file pages on Community Central and the Wikia Video Library.
Select Known Issues
- The Visual Editor is adding line breaks after bulleted lists.
- Some Message Wall welcome messages are being posted twice.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|