Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bug Fixes
- An issue that could cause Special:ListUsers to fail to update will be fixed.
Other Notable Changes
Detailed CSS updates can be found at http://report.wikia.net - the diffs show changes to .css, .scss, .tmpl.php, .html, .sass and .mustache files in Wikia's codebase.
- Message Walls, Forums and comments will all warn you if you try to navigate away before submitting an unfinished post.
- Chat, Content and Discussion moderators will be able to remove those rights from their own account (via Special:UserRights).
- Communities with custom user groups will no longer potentially be missing the ability to promote/demote Chat, Content and Discussion moderators.
- The button to start a new wikia will be moved back to the top level of the global navigation bar (at the far right).
- The message shown to anonymous editors when they 'purge' an article will be friendlier. (Thanks, Volunteer Developers!)
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|