Here are the latest technical updates on Fandom. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Tuesday and Thursday - today's notes are for tomorrow's site update. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- A new on-site notifications system will become available on the global navigation for desktop users, on both wiki pages and Discussions pages. Mobile web users will also be able to receive notifications via this new system. There are no changes to the older system that delivers Message Wall and Forum notifications. See the staff blog post for more details.
Major Bug Fixes
- Several bug fixes will go live for the page header test.
- Special:Block will correctly hide options that don't apply to the chosen block type (i.e. IP options for a username block, and username options for an IP block).
Other Notable Changes
- In order to provide a less cluttered visitor experience, the Chat right rail module will no longer appear for anonymous users, as it was rarely used.
- The account creation log will no longer be included on Special:RecentChanges, but will still be visible on Special:Log/newusers. This is being changed for several reasons, primarily that it is taking up a significant proportion of Recent Changes on some wikis, and is becoming less valuable information given the global account system.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|