Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Special Pages began updating again last Thursday thanks to some quick work by our techs. All SpecialPages should now have caught up and data should once again be fresh.
- We have also fixed some issues to our wiki search from February, including all cases where search for a select few wikis was returning no results.
- In Article and Blog Comments, the field for writing a new reply will now close after you submit a reply.
- Logging in while editing images will no longer trigger a blank window for the "select another photo" button.
- The editor will no longer add extra lines between H2 headers and lists when toggling between Souce and Visual mode.
- In our last release chat avatars and chat wordmark became rather large. They will be going back to their proper sizes.
Other Notable Changes
- In January, we made some changes to padding around Level 2 headlines (in wikicode: ==; in HTML: <h2>). After some feedback, we made some tweaks. These changes are already live.
- Reduced margin above H2s. It's still a larger margin than it was originally.
- Reset margin back to the way it was originally only on the edit page and only when the H2 is the first element on the page. This is especially important when doing section edits.
- The "Read More" headline for related articles (at the bottom of articles) has gained the extra margin to look consistent with other H2s.
- Tightened the line height on Admin Dashboard to allow for 3 lines of text to fit.
Select Known Issues
- When a user logs in while in edit mode we should redirect them back to to the edit mode version of the page, instead of just the page itself (not in edit mode). This seems to have been a result of the new log in system we introduced late last week.
- We've noted some issues to the "Share" email function for wikis on the new navigation. Users are being prompted to log in to share via email even if they already are logged in. If you are not logged in to begin with, you are being redirected to the page you wish to share after logging in instead of the actual "share by email" dialogue.
- The links in the global nav drop-downs for mobile users in Full Site Mode are not working.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.
Want to be notified about technical updates when they are posted? Then click here to follow this blog.
|Recent technical updates|
|October 18th 2017 • October 16th 2017 • October 9th 2017 • October 4th 2017 • October 2nd 2017 • Archive|