Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.
- Created Special:CreateTopList and listed it on Special:SpecialPages for easy Top 10 List creation.
- Launched the LyricWiki Lyrics mobile app for Android.
Major Bugs Fixed
- <wikiarelatedpages-heading> code was exposed on some wikis.
- phpbb forums weren’t loading properly.
- Pywikipediabot usage was showing error messages.
- Page edits via API were showing error messages.
- Additional founder emails were being sent.
Other Notable Changes
- We're in the early testing phases for a new chatroom feature for wikis. More updates soon!
Select Known Issues
- Some Special pages now are showing a “Talk” page bubble. Special pages should not have discussion or talk pages and we are working to correct this.
- Image servers continue to be a bit buggy this week, so if you upload an image or update an image and do not see the change reflected on the wiki in a number of minutes, please contact us.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below. And if you have additional bugs to report, please send them to us via Special:Contact.